Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whatcha got in that cup?

Not to worry, I'm back. Feelin better now that Monday's behind me. I'm coming to grips with the master plan pertaining to my house. I know you all have been worried sick!

Today I would like to share some thoughts and suggestions for drinks while pregnant. If you're not pregnant and don't plan to be skip this post entirely. It will bore you to tears. For the rest of you let me save you some heartache and leg work...and for those of you that have been through this before, WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? Could have used some help over the last 4 months!

Here's the scoop on what I used to drink.
Morning: STRONG cup of a latte. Seggafredo Espresso splashed with some frothed, steaming milk. Perfect jump start to the day.
Afternoon: Diet Coke or Iced Tea. I like to continue just enough of the jitters to keep me going. Evening: Wine or Beer.
I would splash some water in there, but not nearly enough. Needless to say, when I became pregnant my drinking habits had to come to a halt. ALL OF THEM. That was hard. It was like going to immediate rehab and having no clue how you would manage.

After 17 weeks I have found some things to pull me through! Let's start with Starbucks. The most fabulous OB/GYN, Dr. Speight, is pretty lenient on most things, but caffeine is not one. She said even decaf Starbucks coffee was a bit much and I should only have 1/2-3/4 cup of a Tall. I just threw in the towel all together...let's face it, what is the point of decaf? I mean, really?


This little treat is the Decaf Passion Iced Tea from Starbucks. It's so yummy and is just the thing when you're just about over water.

Moving onto Zoe's. Side note, Zoe's is awesome...and all of their cheese is pasteurized, so eat up! In regards to drinks, yep, they have Decaf Diet Coke in the fountain and Decaf Iced Tea!

I'm sure you're all familiar with the non-alcoholic beers. They're not great, but on a sunny day on a patio while your husband enjoys a Michelada, it does the trick! COLD BEER (or as my uncles say, "Colbeer".) sometimes it just does the trick!

So there you go on new options in the decaffeinated, non-alcoholic drinking department. The first couple of weeks I thought I was going to cry drinking water alone. Bubbles, no bubbles, it gets old. Maybe this will help!

Cheers!!

signature

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Fresca! Still trying to watch the caffeine :(

    ReplyDelete