Monday, August 2, 2010

Wonderful weekend, for sure!

We're just coming off a great weekend. It was so wonderful this is how Guinney feels today...sleepy in the sun.


Yeah, I know...we have weeds and crape myrtle flowers in an abundance. It's just the way it goes...inside has taken priority this year.

Friday night we were able to host some of our Victoria family for dinner. There was beer drinking, a game of washers, a peek at the nursery and some catching-up. I don't have a single picture. We visited, ate to our hearts' content and enjoyed each other's company. The little bug got a bath at Aunt Lu's and slept a while in Julia's room. It all just felt so good.



There are a few things I will be very strict about with Jules. 1. Sleep schedule and 2. Being able to sleep other places besides home. Feel free to check back in on that!

Saturday brought about some serious laziness. We took a morning nap and enjoyed one of the last Saturday mornings with no agenda, no schedule and nothing on the immediate to-do list. Saturday afternoon we checked out a new restaurant, Mexitopia.

Next adventure: the movies. We haven't been to the movies in a long, long time. I always have good intentions to go and then the conversation and wine seems to good to part with and the movie gets blown-off. I've had serious advice to make it to the movies as much as possible before the princess arrives. So we're tryin!

I guess I am out of the loop when it comes to the updated movie venues. Inwood Theater is decked out to the nines in sofas with ottomans. It's as comfortable as being in your living room!
I wouldn't advise anything slow and long...you might find yourself asleep on the couch.

This picture is awful for many reasons...but you can get the idea of the sofa setting. Awesome. You can even get a blanket if you want. Although that kinda falls into the category of the airplane blankets...I'll pass.

Sunday brought about brunch at Bolsa with a bestie, Meredith, and a sip and see for a precious little babes, Tyler Stallings. What a happy, chill, sweet, loveable little guy. His momma, Kelsey, and I went to college together and were sorority sisters. She lives in California with her darling two kiddos and husband and made a trip to Texas for a visit. It was so great to see her and her tots. It's fun to see lives go to the next chapter and watch dear friends become wonderful moms.

Today was Henry's first day of daycare. My heart has been heavy for him for days. His mom said he did great when she dropped him off, and I'm confident he has already made some buddies. I'm going to have to kidnap him this week. I can't go all week without him.

Who could resist befriending this cool cat? I hope he's as happy this afternoon there as with me at home.

Hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine.


signature

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I knew it would be tough to hand the H-man over to a daycare. He'll be great, and you'll appreciate the time.
    Who came up to visit? Wish we could've been there!

    ReplyDelete