Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finito!

The nursery is finally complete!

In its former life, this room was a guest bedroom. It's seen a lot. Lots of guest have rested in this bed and lots of snuggly singles have not rested in this bed. The Chief's clothes have resided in this closet, and I used to beautify each day at the dressing table in this room. All the filth, hairspray and dry-cleaning bags have been scrubbed and put away and the room is sweet and fresh for a precious little one.

Take a look...

BEFORE:


Please pardon the pile under the window that started mounting before the transformation.



AFTER:

I decided I wanted this room to be very fresh feeling, so I went with a very light cream on the walls. It's a custom mixture based on what I thought I wanted from Pottery Barn and white.


I hope the Green Trellis makes Julia as happy as it does me!




Did you notice the picture above the crib is the same from before? That belonged to my grandmother and has a date on the bottom of 1898 from the New York Art Exchange. I think that's special. I (Clint) painted up the frame to give it a new look!










This was the last little piece to the nursery and has turned into one my favorites.


If I had an unlimited budget I would have recovered this super comfy glider in a gray linen. We worked with the color, and I think it came out just fine.


I copied this bird mobile from Erika over at Urban Grace. It's from Sundance and one of the very first purchases I made when I found out I was pregnant.


This view of the nursery makes me happy. Light, bright, fresh and white. The little linen dress on the left was purchased in Houston at a shop in Rice Village. It's quite darling and so French...I love it! The middle outfit with Julia's monogram in kelly green is from Miss Jana. She knew that would be a perfect fit! The sack on the far right is Julia's baptism gown. It's so lovely.


The yellow, French hat rack was purchased in Warrenton, if you recall from an old post. I spied it and knew I had to have it.


What little girl doesn't need a Parisian covered changing pad?!

The green lamp and gold TOMS. Yes.

As I mentioned before, this is my rocking chair from my room as a little girl. Miss Jennie re-did the chair and stool for me to use in the nursery. I couldn't love it any more!


This chest holds a lot of treasures I have collected over the years. I know, I know, as soon as she starts moving this is going to be a disaster...but I will deal with that then. For now, it's a trip down memory lane that I love gazing at each day.





The owl found a home! He has no special meaning, he's just cute!
Do you not love those precious Moroccan shoes? I can hardly wait to get her little feet in those!
And do you spy my nephew sleeping on my brother's shoulder? Nothing more precious...



Building blocks in Spanish and English. The picture of the butterfly showing "Mariposa" is my favorite.


My bug!! This picture is special because 1. I bought him this outfit. 2. He is dressed as a mini-me of my brother and 3. My dad was the king of a blue pin-point button down. With that red hair it just seals the deal. I love this picture.


My Beatrix Potter Collection. My parents bought this for me in London, and I treasure each piece.


My Aunt Becky bought me these Disney books, and I somehow kept up with them all these years. I added glammed up gold, flower bookends. So girlie!


I ordered this chocolate chevron tray in hopes it would work on her little side-table, but it's too large. Cute in the chest, nonetheless.



And the chandelier. Love, love, love the chandelier.

Thanks for continuing to read the sagas on fabrics, ideas, favorite pieces and all the in-between. It has been such a fun and special process putting all of this together for my child. I know she probably won't remember this room, but maybe she'll appreciate the pictures one day!

Guess this makes us "ready"!

signature

4 comments:

  1. Love my lady bugs room. LOVE IT. You did a wonderful job!! If I end up having a girl at some point you are going to get hired. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love this! It is so sweet and special! Lucky Julia who gets to live in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh! I am so in love with everything about Julia's room! So many personal touches - it's just, in a word: perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry I'm late on posting, but could Jules' nursery be ANY cuter?! I cannot wait to see it in person to get a close-up look at all the goodies :) Job WELL done!!!

    ReplyDelete