Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flippin Happy

Clint and I took a little road trip this past weekend. We hit Austin and kept on through the Texas Hill Country. It was a lovely weekend, and I will post some pictures of its entirety soon. Yes, I know...I still owe you Houston pictures too. Maybe I will condense and do a Tour de Texas post.

For now I want to tell you about a fabulous food find. The best doctor in the world, Dr. Speight, suggested a stop at Flip Happy Crepes in Austin. She made the disclaimer they were not to be confused with a crepe in Paris, but we took our chances.


Here's what they got...
{I hear the Roasted Chicken with goat cheese, caramelized onions and garlic is rather yummy.}



It's quite the Austin scene out of an Airstream lookin like this...



We chose a Nutella and Strawberry, which was pretty much solid delight.
And after I ate it...


I was feelin like this...

Talking about fabulous crepes did remind me of our trip to Paris last fall. They're not so much served from an airstream and you don't hear Texas country music playing in the background.
No, no. These are a delicacy all of their own. They're real French crepes. They're served by smokin hot Frenchmen and the whole experience just leaves you wishing you were French.

Well, you can see it certainly wasn't the 100 degree day in Paris as it was in Austin this weekend.


Ah, a Lavazza break.

And there it is. The Nutella and Banana Crepe. To. Die. For.

I was so giddy after this little journey that I fell down the stairs. Sadly, those aren't the first set of stairs that I've taken a nasty spill down.

And I will leave you with a little piece of Paris, the City of Lights. I hope you've traveled to this amazing city and if you haven't, add it to your bucket list. It's a wonderful, wonderful place. Sweet dreams!

signature

1 comment: