Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recipe and Randomness

Hey team,

Sorry I haven't posted all week. I guess I got busy and left you all high and dry. My apologies.

We had a little family barbecue this weekend, and I tried a new recipe.
Chilled Asparagus Salad (click here for the recipe)

Of course here is a picture during the process and by the time it was pretty and all ready to serve I forgot to snap a final shot. I used my lovely, white asparagus platter that they used to sell at Crate and Barrel, but I can no longer find it. What a shame...it allows for a beautiful presentation for asparagus and especially this recipe with the dressing drizzled across the top. Anyhow, it was a lovely, fresh, new recipe that turned out great. Give it a shot!

These two guys love each other. Uncle Clint is the only one allowed to call Henry "Hankers". They're buddies and it's all pretty cute to see. Red heads look cute in green, huh?



In baby news...Julia looked great at her 22 week sonogram! She weighs 1 lb, 1 oz. Not sure what that says for the additional xx lbs I have put on, but we'll just assume all is well! We caught a shot of her yawning, which was pretty cute if I may say so!

The chief couldn't make the appointment not because he didn't want to, but because he was being awarded a big, special award and couldn't swing both. I convinced him that this achievement might pay for Jules to go to college or her wedding in the long run (okay, so probably not, but it made him feel better). We decided the sacrifice was worthwhile. In his absence my mom attended the appointments. She didn't have a sonogram with my brother or with me, so this was a whole new experience. I think she was overwhelmed and it didn't quite hit her until she got home that evening. It was a pretty special moment to hear how excited she was and that it's all becoming very real. I guess it's time to get on board...I'll be 6 months pregnant on Sunday! How the time is flying.

In house news...we're quitting the game on Tuesday. Pulling it off, calling it quits, staying another day...whatever you want to call it. About 1,000 people have informed me that "it will all work out just fine". I trust they're right! We're about to start making some adjustments and getting the guest bedroom set for the princess herself.
Maybe we'll get to see this one more time...


Sorry for the lack of pictures...I haven't scanned the sonogram pictures yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

I hope you all are having a good week. The little red-headed man in my life has a virus today. Big time fever and not feeling so hot. Pray he's on the mend. This isn't fun for anyone involved.

Peace.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment