Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friends and Soaps a no-go?

Happy Saturday! Isn't it such a great day of the week? We're total tools around here these days, and we sing a song about everything. Bath time. Night time. Bed time. Lunch time. Making bottle time. Washing bottle time. I'm not sure if it keeps the babes going or us going. Debatable. Nevertheless, we have now moved into singing about Saturdays. In general, they're great. Song-worthy.

I was just doing some blog trolling when I came across this quote.

I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.

-Jon Katz

That is filled with some good stuff, isn't it? I could write a term-paper about how important I think friends are in life. I will save you that read. Take from it what you will.

This doodle turned 7 months old this week. And loves to eat. EVERYTHING. It's scary. Scary but not surprising. She comes from a family that loves food, so her Mimi reminds us. Can you resist those eyes? And don't you just want to reach through the computer and kiss those cheeks? I know. You're jealous. Sorry about that.


Can ya'll believe this shiz? One Life to Live and All My Children cancelled? Whaaa? They've been on the air since the beginning of time. Seriously. Susan Lucci has to be like 105, but she has GOT to have a damn good plastic surgeon man on serious retainer because she still lookin the exact sammmmme.
Anyhow, this morning as I was singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah because it was Saturday I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this crazy talk on the Today Show. I can't believe people aren't rioting in the streets. This is big news. Soaps no more? Nuts.

I got some new treasures. I'll show you soon. I went to another planet. This place had chickens, puppies, turkey legs, lots of bedazzle-ment, geraniums, toothless men and lots of good treasures. It made my heart sing, my face glow and my palms a little sweaty as we pulled in the parking lot. This was so up my alley. $21 later and 4 little tchotchkes in, I was fulfilled. I call that a successful shopping trip. Some like Prada. I love other people's old junk in attempt to re-vive it and make it look cool again.

Ohhhh and I almost forgot to tell you....JULIA'S BATHROOM IS FINALLY FINISHED! (the major clue is in the color of that statement.)
Finito. Done deal. Too tired to take pictures, but I will. You'll most def wanna come over and drink lots of beers on my patio and use that loo. It's full of happiness and little happies. Here's a tiny sneakity peek. It's a print I brought back from the Singapore Art Museum.



Have a happy weekend!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment